Sunday, January 31, 2010

India Through My Eyes.

Many people have been asking to see pictures I have taken since I have been in India. I have taken tons and am working on creating an online album so you can view them all at once...but until I make the time to complete that task, I decided to at least tantalize your senses with a few shots that will allow you to see a small glimpse of the India I have so far experienced; pictures honestly don't do it justice.

I have to admit, I have a hard time even looking at these images as I have seen so much more behind them that will stay with me forever. Since most of you may not ever have the chance to see these hidden treasures and tragedies with your own eyes, I have attempted to capture bits and pieces of this intoxicating nation, whether it be beauty, filth, joy, or sorrow. I hope you will be impacted by these tiny slivers of my experience.



Young girl with her baby brother in a small village outside Ludhiana.




Women carrying water jugs in a poor village outside of Tenali.




Young Hindu girl with her proud mother on a ferry ride to an island village outside of Tenali.



A slum in Tenali; people gathered to receive handouts of food.




A beautiful woman in a small village outside Tenali that begged me to take her picture then show it to her on my camera.



A roadside food stand where we stopped to eat.




Hindi words painted on the inside of an abandoned stable outside the city of Ludhiana.




Doors into an Indian home, Ludhiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment