Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life is what you make it...I think.

When I set out to find an easy way to share my move to Newport Beach with over 30 family members and friends...I inadvertently became a blogger. I find myself fascinated at this concept, but it also seems to really fit me and the way in which I choose to communicate with the world around me.

So, without further adieu, welcome to my new blog, I guess.

On to the real meat...

I had a fascinating and extremely substantial conversation with a new friend last night in which my mind was challenged to really decide how I feel regarding this new state of transition in my life...and I realized where I found myself was in a very good place.

For starters, I have no idea how the rent or bills will get paid this coming month...I have found myself waiting much longer to start my new full time job than I anticipated. In the meantime, I am working somewhat scrappy hours at REI in hopes to pull together enough income to make life work for the time being. It's really stressful...yet I find myself strangely at peace with many things. Moving out of Los Angeles was huge for me. After 5 1/2 years of associating that place with an ominous black cloud that had consequently parked itself atop my little head, I was more than ready for a change of scenery. Living near the beach is incredibly life-giving for me. I have even begun to reassociate LA with positive things, considering I go up there fairly often to work at REI (which I love) and see some beloved people in my life. It's strange what a creature of my environment I am...that will probably prove to be very interesting when the time comes for me to travel or live out of the country...but I am excited at the prospect.

Adulthood couldn't be more difficult...or rewarding. It really is wonderful to grow up and enter the ever-dreaded "real world." It is truly when you become who you were meant to be...and with that comes great responsibilities and extremely soul-satisfying successes. Oh, nice aliteration!

Adulthood also requires a keen sense of humor and the ability to laugh at oneself for the sake of staying sane. It's ok to feel like a total dork, I do most of the time, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Life is so much better when you make light of the things that aren't worth a constant state of worry and depression.

"But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?" - Albert Camus

I JUST now received the call that everything has gone through at my new job and I will be starting tomorrow.

And suddenly I see how my rent and bills will be paid next month. Life is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment