I have posted a lot of heady blogs recently.
On to the lighter side of things...
Reasons to smile today:
1. The sun is out and it's a beautiful day.
2. It's almost Friday.
3. Everyone I know and love is safe and sound, whether it be in California, Colorado, Oregon, Texas, Zambia, Guyana, or Thailand
4. A rich Persian man that came into my office complimented me by calling me "beautiful, sheik, and European looking."
5. I bought 4 pairs of new shoes last night...I know, sounds excessive but they were from Payless and I was in desperate need of shoes for work now that I live in heels.
6. I am wearing one of the new pairs today...they are my favorite...
They are patent leather pumps...in TANGERINE!
Sometimes it's good to escape the depths of my mind and enjoy the parts of life I often take for granted.
Gosh, I love shoes.
OH, I just found a 7th reason to smile today...an awesome band I just discovered is playing a show at the Detroit bar (right down the street from my house) on Monday night...Ra Ra Riot! Um, that rocks my face off.