Friday, March 27, 2009

Ode to the questionnaire

Have you ever felt annoyed at the sheer amount of dumb questionnaires people post on MySpace and Facebook? I'm sure you have, I know I have. Who was the last person you kissed, who are you missing, who do you like?! How about questions with more content (that come to us at greater than a 4th grade level), that really allow us to get to know someone? The worst part of the lame questionnaires is that once you start reading one, it's like it sucks you in and you can't stop until you read the whole thing, loathing it all the while. The following is my attempt at not only beating my boredom at work, but also trying to set a new standard of questionnaire for the whole of the cyber universe. (I didn't come up with these all on my own, I did a little research...yes, I realize how that sounds, I'm a dork...but I am working a terribly boring job, after all.)

1. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
That probably would have depended on the day you asked me, but the occupations I can remember being really passionate about were an astronaut, a vet, and a marine biologist...ironically all science related...though I ended up with a degree in fine arts.

2. What have you done in the past week to help someone else?
Hmm...I try to help someone everyday, even in small ways...I came in early for my boss yesterday...and sometimes I do my roommates dishes...the little things can really add up so it's good to be aware of them.

3. Who is the best-dressed person you know?
Oh this one's easy, Sara Prouty. She always looks like a million bucks, even in her jeans and a sweatshirt.

4. What is on your nightstand?
A lamp, a stack of books, and my glasses.

5. If you were a cat, what kind of a cat would you be?
A big fat orange one named Ooftah.

6. If you lived in a house surrounded by acres of trees, what particular type of tree would you want flourishing on your land?
I think I would like a variety best, cherry trees so I could appreciate the beautiful blossoms in spring and the fruit in the summer, Japanese maples, orange trees, apple trees...I love me some trees. Just no palm trees.

7. What do you find to be very overrated?
Plenty. Definitely relationships, though I feel deep love with someone else can be completely worth it. Other things I find to be overrated: having money, nice cars, American Idol, coffee, and hard alcohol.

8. If you could relive one day of your life from the past, which one would it be?
Easy. The day I first stepped foot into Paris, France, saw the Eiffel Tower, and drank a bottle of French wine under the city lights at the edge of the river Seine.

9. Have you ever felt replaced?
Yes, I did one time in particular, it's hard not to when you get dumped and the person who dumped you starts dating someone else right away. See, relationships are overrated, indeed.

10. What do you most often feel enslaved to?
My own emotions.

11. If you could step inside a book or movie and live the life it is set in, which would you choose?
The answer to this would certainly change with my mood but I think right now I would step into the book, Into the Wild and be a wandering nomad with little responsibilities. I would want to be able to live not tied down to anything, to be able to travel at will to wherever the wind might blow me...but I wouldn't want to abandon my family or die young...

12. Name a lyric from the song you're listening to.
"So this is the new year? I don't feel any different. The clanking of crystal, explosions off in the distance, in the distance."

13. If you had to give up everything you owned but could choose to keep 3 things, what would they be?
I would definitely want to keep my bicycle, my camera, and my laptop...mainly for all the pictures on it.

14. What chocolate do you always leave in the box?
Anything with nuts or cherries.

15. What would you do if you found out your ex is engaged?
Depends on which one...one I wouldn't care, another I wouldn't care as much but I don't know if I would be really happy either, and another I would feel pretty torn up over...but what could you really do at that point? I would hope they were happy.

16. If you had to choose one song to sum yourself up in, which would it be?
Today: Jimmy Eat World - 23.

17. Are you a talker or a listener? Is it ever possible to really be both?
I think you can be both, but most likely everyone has a tendency to one or the other. I tend to be a talker...I love to talk but if someone needs me to listen I like to think I am sensitive to that as well.

18. If it were a life or death situation, would you rather part with your vision or your hearing?
Ouch, that is almost impossible for me to answer. If I gave up my hearing I would be losing a huge part of myself, my love for music and singing. If I gave up my sight I would be missing out on my intense desire to see the world and travel. Each of these senses represents an intense passion of mine...but if I HAD to part with one, I think it would be my hearing because I could still remain fairly independent if I still had my sight. This is a depressing question for me.

19. If you could choose to be with anyone at this very moment, who would it be?
Christopher...because he is the only person whom I couldn't see, no matter how much I wanted to.

20. Which TV show have you seen pretty much every episode of?
The OC, Grey's Anatomy, It's Always Sunny in Philly

No comments:

Post a Comment