Friday, March 13, 2009

This day is history: March 13

1639: Cambridge College was renamed Harvard University

1781: Astronomer Sir William Herschel discovered the planet Uranus. Uranus!

1852: Uncle Sam was "born" as a cartoon character in the New York Lantern

1868: Impeachment trial of Andrew Johnson began

1906: Susan B. Anthony died. Bummer.

1947: The musical Brigadoon opened on Broadway. This may not seem significant to anyone else...but I did have a starring role in this musical in high school!

1973: Pink Floyd released "Dark Side of the Moon"

1985: Elana Grace Cherin was born. And Emile Hirsch. Who is my fantasy boyfriend. And subsequently starred in one of my favorite movies of all time, Into the Wild. Meant to be? I vote yes.






I hope you have enjoyed our little walk through this utterly important day in history. My last post was a bit depressing...and though I was feeling pooey at the time I wrote it, I am feeling much better this morning. It's amazing how a good night's sleep can really change your perspective.

And while riding the elevator at work this morning up to my floor, a random woman who I had never remembered seeing before, complimented me on my coat. I thanked her and she proceeded to tell me that I looked so cute every morning...because apparently she sees me walking into the building every morning. It was nicest compliment! And she didn't even know it was my birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment