Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Carpe Diem.

I am excited about some things on the horizon in my life.

I am not quite ready to spill the beans just yet, but know that you will know when I feel ready to discuss all the awesome details.

I am home sick from work today. That turned out to be a real blessing...I have been able to get a lot of things done from the comfort of my bed with only my laptop and cell phone. I have paid all my bills, done my taxes, and worked out a little glitch in the posting of my bachelors degree.

I also cut up all my credit cards.

That's right. I have decided to completely take charge of every aspect of my life that I haven't really been paying much attention to. Yes, the economy sucks and I have money issues (who doesn't?) but I refuse to continue to fall prey to the evils that are credit card companies. I need to control my spending even better than I do now...and trust me, I have come a long way in the last year. The only way to really stop using on credit is to ditch the cards. So I did.

Yes, I am scared. Yes, I wonder how certain things will get paid for when I am stretched to the max and my paycheck has covered my rent and bills, leaving me with little else to pay for gas and food...but, come on, I believe wholeheartedly in the God of the Universe and I don't think I will end up on the street in the gutter any time soon.

Here's where faith truly becomes action.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment